Malai Kulfi or Mawa kulfi


I am posting this recipe after a long time. Due to shifting to my new house it was really difficult to manage my blog. However yesterday I found some of the pics I had taken when last I prepared Malai Kulfi a couple of months back I instantly thought to post it though it is not a right season to post this recipe J.




This one is very simple make and it requires very basic ingredients which we always found at home. Since this recipe does not require much detail pictures I have post only a few.



Ingredients: 


1 Liter full cream milk

200 gm sugar


A thick pan to boil the milk.


Method:

In a thick bottom pan take the milk and start boiling it. Simmer the milk with occasional stirring until it reduced to half.

Now add the sugar and keep boiling it. Do not keep the milk unattended because it may start burning at bottom so stirring at regular interval is very important.

Boil the milk until it left 1/3rd of the original amount.

It will change it’s colour to creamish to buff colour. Infact you will have a specific aroma like rabadi or mawa.

Now allow this milk to cool at room temperature and then pour it in the kulfi mould. Then refrigerate the mould for 4-5 hours.


 Now bring them out and insert one stick to each mould and keep them for refrigeration for another 5 hours.

Next day your malai kulfi is ready to serve. I have shown the pic how to demould them. Put the mould in a glass full of tap water for around 30 seconds and your kulfi will come out easily form he mould.


Hope you will enjoy d yummy creamy and simple to make kulfi…………..

Comments

Popular Posts